Supporting you every step of the way
Using over a decade’s worth of experience, we have drawn together an extensive set of frequently asked questions (FAQ) and documents to help you every step of the way
- Secure and guaranteed invoice delivery, no more invoices getting lost in the post
- It will take less time to process your invoices
- No more delays due to missing information, landing on the wrong desk or manual intervention
- ANY-TO-ANY DATA FORMATTING Technology – there is no need for additional software or hardware
- Higher processing transparency and better cash flow management due to 24/7 access and reporting
- VAT compliant, regardless of where invoices are sent or received from
- Easy and cost efficient to send invoices – at any time
- As Cargill allows attachments, go to ‘Invoicing’ and select ‘Invoices pending attachments’
- Find your invoice by adding the invoice number to the search field or sort the ‘Invoices awaiting attachments’ table by the various column headings
- Check the allowed file types in the ‘Upload’ column
- Click ‘Select’ to add the file(s) you want to attach on your computer
- You can see your attachments in the ‘Attachment count’ column
- You need to release your invoices with attachments to alert us that they are ready to be processed, tick the boxes by the relevant invoices and click the ‘Release’ button
- You are limited to a maximum of 3 attachments per invoice and these must be in a tiff format
- If you have an invoice pending attachments then you will have 24 hours to add the attachments before the invoice is automatically sent
- Line 1: first PO, description of the related delivery/service/goods
- Line 2: second PO, description of the related delivery/service/goods
- Line 3: third PO, description of the related delivery/service/goods
- Your PO was created within last 24 hours. The system is scheduled to copy all new POs once a day and then to transmit it to Tungsten Network during the night. There is no live relationship between SRM and Tungsten Network therefore all PO copies appear on Tungsten Network supplier profiles 24 hours later.
- There is a real mapping issue. In this case contact Tungsten Network support to get it fixed and connect your company to the right entity.
- Sent: Your invoice is waiting to be validated by Tungsten Network system
- Accepted: Your invoice passed Tungsten Network validation – invoice not yet received by Cargill AP Department
- Failed: Your invoice did not pass Tungsten Network validation – please check most common mistakes before raising a ticket (e.g. PO range)
- Delivered: Your invoice is ready to be transmitted to Cargill AP Department
- Received: Your invoice was entered to Cargill AP Department’s system – it will be validated for correctness and processed
- Rejected: Your invoice did not pass Cargill AP Department’s validation and was rejected – you will receive rejection information from Cargill EMAIL.
- Approved: Your invoice was posted
- Paid: Your invoice was paid
- Exception: Your invoice is under Cargill’s investigation – you may be contacted for correction / Credit Note
Who is Tungsten Network?
Tungsten Network provides electronic invoicing, analytics, and workflow solutions to companies around the globe. For more information about our products and services please visit our website.
What are the benefits from using Tungsten Network?
Will electronic invoicing be a requirement for new tenders and new suppliers?
Yes. As of June 2, 2019 use of Tungsten Network e-invoicing will become a formal vendor selection criteria employed by Cargill. Although this will not necessarily lead to immediate disqualification of non-compliant vendors, our expectation is that such suppliers will, over time, inevitably find themselves at a disadvantage.
Is invoicing via Tungsten Network a requirement for doing business with Cargill?
Yes. Cargill is actively phasing out the processing of paper invoices to take advantage of the benefits that electronic invoicing provides to both us and our suppliers. As of June 2, 2019, use of Tungsten Network e-invoicing will become a formal vendor selection criteria employed by Cargill. Although this will not necessarily lead to an immediate disqualification of non-compliant vendors, our expectation is that such suppliers will, over time, inevitably find themselves at a disadvantage.
Can I send an invoice with an earlier invoice data than today's date?
Yes, just enter a relevant date. However, a future date is not possible.
Will Cargill make payments using Tungsten Network?
Tungsten Network is not a payment platform. Cargill will continue to use their current payment method.
How do I add an attachment to my invoice?
Once I have received the RTT (Ready to Transact) notification from Tungsten can I still submit paper invoices?
No, the expectation from Cargill is that once you receive this notification you should start submitting all invoices through Tungsten Network and no further paper invoices should be sent (rejected if still received). This is to prevent any possible duplication.
Can I send two invoices with the same invoice number?
No, this is to prevent duplicate invoices. The system itself does not allow entering the same number twice.
Can I send electronic invoices using the Tungsten Network to all of my customers?
Once you are subscribed to the network, Tungsten Network enables you to send electronic invoices to any other buyer customers that are members of the network without any additional charge. Click on Customer Connect in your supplier portal to easily locate other buyers.
When I enter multiple PO numbers at the header level my invoices fail submission. So where should I enter this information?
Please enter only one PO in “PO field” on invoice header. Please enter other POs in the body of the invoice – each PO on each related line, e.g.:
Why doesn't Tungsten accept my invoice number when creating an invoice?
Tungsten Network remembers all invoice numbers sent by you to Cargill. This protects both you and Cargill from sending duplicates. Therefore your invoice should always have a unique number, for example, 1/2013 and 1/2014 will be accepted.
Why are my POs not found on the Tungsten Network portal?
When using Invoice Status with Tungsten Network, what type of invoice status updates will I receive on the Tungsten portal?
Does the "Accepted" status on Tungsten Network portal mean that my invoice has been accepted for payment by Cargill?
No, to get an accurate status of your submitted invoices you should view the Invoice Status updates on your Tungsten Network portal account.
Who is in charge to provide supplementary access to Tungsten login details for other users?
When a supplier or Buyer registers to the Tungsten Network portal they have to nominate an administrator, the details of the administrator can be located by clicking on “My Account” and then by clicking on “My Profile” the details will appear at the bottom of the screen.
It is the administrator that can add new users and amend access rights.
How secure is sending invoices via the Web Form?
Access to the Tungsten Network service, including the Web Form, requires three credential authorizations. In addition, each session is protected by industry standard 128 bit SSL encryption using Class 3 Server Certificates from Verisign. Once your invoice is created it is stored in the secure archive where it is protected by the latest security measures which are tested daily.
This means only authorized users can connect to the site and that once connected, all communications are private and data is completely secure.
Can Tungsten Network work with staff that speak other languages?
The business between you and your customer will continue in the same language. You should continue to send invoices in the same language you normally use.
If you require support, please call +44 (0) 870 165 7430. (View our local support numbers)
Please note that these numbers are for Tungsten e-invoicing support queries only. Please continue to direct your payment queries to your existing customer contact.
Why should I use Tungsten Network to send my invoices?
Shortly, this will be the primary way that Cargill accepts delivery of supplier invoices.
What do I have to do to send electronic invoices via the Tungsten Network?
To start using the Tungsten Network, all you need to do is register now, using the unique registration link sent to you by your customer or Tungsten Network. Once registered, all suppliers using this option automatically receive 52 free transactions. At the end of your first anniversary (one year after registration), we will replenish your account, at no charge, back to 52 free invoices for you to use during the next 12 months.
Is registering on the Tungsten portal equivalent to joining Tungsten Network?
Yes, part of the registration process is that you have to accept required standard terms and conditions given. Once you do it, the expectation from Cargill is that you will stop submitting paper invoices (rejected if still received) and submit all invoices via Tungsten Network.
Do I need to enter into sign an agreement with Tungsten Network?
Yes, regardless of the solution you choose, you will be required to accept Tungsten Network’s terms and conditions.
Do I need to install any software?
No. Additional software or hardware is NOT required. You only need a connection to the internet to send e-invoices via the Tungsten Network.
What are the minimum system requirements for using Tungsten Network?
The minimum operating system requirements are: Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Linux or Mac OS 9.2*.
Minimum browser requirements are: Version 9 of Internet Explorer and the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
Can I send invoice data directly from my billing system?
You can send invoices directly from your billing system in any format you choose. To do this you will need to become an Integrated Solution Supplier on the Tungsten Network.
Please email [email protected] to begin registration.
Are there fees associated with this service?
Tungsten Network provides two levels of electronic invoicing capability. Each of the solutions include a free number of invoices each month.
Click here to view the enrolment options.
Why doesn't Cargill pay any fees?
Cargill does not cover a Suppliers costs to produce your paper invoices and therefore will not be covering the cost to send electronically. However the electronic solution is more cost effective to most businesses. In addition to the financial savings you will also receive the advantages of immediate invoice submission, invoice delivery confirmation, and 24/7 invoice status and reporting capability.